Iman Gadzhi, a British entrepreneur living in Dubai, has built substantial wealth primarily through his social media marketing agency (SMMA), called IAG Media. He earns more than $45,000 per month from this agency, an additional $10,000 per month from affiliate marketing, and he holds an $8.5 million portfolio in cryptocurrencies.
Iman also owns a software company called AgenciFlow, which provides an online platform tailored for digital agencies.
However, the internet is filled with people promoting various courses, and some of them might be scams.
If you’re thinking about investing in Iman Gadzhi’s Six Figure SMMA course, it’s wise to look for reviews before making a decision.
It’s essential to clarify that I am NOT affiliated with Iman Gadzhi in any way. This ensures that the opinions I share here are impartial and truthful.
In this review of Iman Gadzhi, I’ll cover the following aspects to help you make an informed decision:
Table of Contents
- Who is Iman Gadzhi?
- Iman Gadzhi’s Grow Your Agency
- Iman Gadzhi’s Agency Navigator
- Iman Gadzhi’s Six Figure SMMA
- Six Figure SMMA Course Modules
- How Much Can You Earn with Six Figure SMMA?
- How Much Does Six Figure SMMA Cost?
- Pros and Cons of Six Figure SMMA
- Is Iman Gadzhi a Scam?
- Is Starting an SMMA Right for You?
- Is There A Better Way to Make Money Online?
Who is Iman Gadzhi?
Iman Gadzhi is a British entrepreneur originally from Dagestan, Russia, who had a tough upbringing. He grew up with a single mother who worked multiple jobs, and he spent much of his early life with his grandmother. Later, when his mother started a relationship with his stepfather, they moved to London, where Iman attended a prestigious private school.
While pursuing a semi-professional football career, Iman got an opportunity to manage the online and social media content for a football club, earning £300 per month. This marked the beginning of his social media marketing agency (SMMA), IAG Media. However, it took seven months to get his next client.
Iman’s breakthrough came when he signed a deal with Aflete, earning £1,900 per month. In just two weeks, he gained two more clients, bringing his monthly income to £4,150. At the age of 17, with three clients, Iman decided to drop out of high school.
He later secured more clients like ZebraFuel and FuroSystems, but he faced setbacks when his Facebook ad campaigns failed, causing him to lose clients.
Inspired by Expedia’s success, Iman realized the potential of building a team to handle ad services while he focused on sales and operations. He began sharing his business journey on Instagram and YouTube, attracting a YouTuber who sought his guidance.
They agreed on a fee of £100 for two hours of coaching, and the YouTuber secured a client for $1,500. Encouraged by this success, Iman ran a test group with 50 students and, in February 2018, launched his first course, Six Figure SMMA, which gained 1,100 students in its first year.
Building on the success of his initial course, Iman introduced Grow Your Agency in 2019, followed by his flagship course, Agency Incubator, which delivered tangible results to students. In 2021, it became part of his new coaching program, Agency Navigator.
Iman Gadzhi is committed to donating 10% of his company’s annual profits to building schools in underdeveloped countries. He has already built five schools in Nepal, benefiting over 1,800 children.
Furthermore, Iman is dedicated to expanding his knowledge by reading one entrepreneurial book per week, focusing on topics like sales, marketing, and online money-making strategies.
Iman Gadzhi has a significant online following, with 3.54 million YouTube subscribers and over 120 million views on his content. On his channel, he shares tips on online marketing and personal finance.
If you want to get a taste of his teaching style, you can watch the video below:
Iman Gadzhi’s Grow Your Agency
Iman Gadzhi’s “Grow Your Agency” website is a part of his journey, where he shared his story and vision. You can explore his insights through the blogs he wrote, although the last update was in February 2021.
The site used to feature video testimonials from students of “Agency Incubator,” but you can no longer view them as the Facebook account they were linked to no longer exists. This happened when “Agency Incubator” became a part of “Agency Navigator.”
Iman Gadzhi’s “Agency Navigator” is an SMMA coaching program priced at $1,499, and it comes with a 14-day refund guarantee. This course is designed to give you comprehensive guidance on starting and running your own SMMA (Social Media Marketing Agency) business.
Here’s what you can expect from the program:
- Over 50 hours of video content divided into 8 modules.
- Access to valuable tools, templates, and funnels.
- Weekly live coaching calls to support your learning journey.
- Supplementary Q&A recordings to address common questions and challenges.
In “Agency Navigator,” you’ll learn everything you need to know to create and manage your SMMA business effectively.
Fore more information, you can check out our full review of Agency Navigator.
Iman Gadzhi’s Six Figure SMMA
Iman Gadzhi’s Six Figure SMMA, also known as Agency Incubator, is a program that claims to help you build a successful social media marketing agency (SMMA).
If you’re not familiar with SMMA, it’s a type of marketing agency that assists businesses in generating leads on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, through marketing campaigns.
Here’s what you’ll find in Six Figure SMMA:
- Over 20 hours of training hosted on the Teachable platform.
- Nine main sections, including bonus lessons and replays of live coaching calls.
- It serves as a blueprint for finding clients, selling your services, and getting paid for your results.
When you enroll in the course, you’ll gain access to:
- Training videos, sales scripts, and marketing funnels.
- A private Facebook group for networking and support.
- Bi-weekly live Q&A coaching calls.
Read more: How to Start a Digital Marketing Agency
Six Figure SMMA Course Modules
Let’s take a closer look at each module below:
Module 1: Introduction
- This module introduces Iman Gadzhi, gives some background on the company, explains the SMMA business model, and guides you to join the 1,222-member Facebook Mastermind group.
Module 2: Positioning
- In this section, you’ll learn how to establish yourself as an authority in your chosen market, gain followers by living your dream life, and develop a strong mindset for success. While some courses focus heavily on mindset, remember that this might just be a small part of this SMMA course.
Module 3: Your Services
- Here, you’ll get guidance on what services to offer and how to price them, including a case study of Iman’s successful pitch for a consulting job that paid $3,000 per day. However, it’s essential to remain grounded and not get carried away by success stories, as success isn’t guaranteed.
Module 4: Your Team
- This module offers advice on building your team, including how to use platforms like Upwork, social media, and collaboration with fellow students. When starting an online business, you may need virtual assistants and other team members.
Module 5: Systems and Processes
- This section covers legal requirements, financial transactions, and customer engagement. Some videos are longer, focusing on content management, output, and timing.
Module 6: Before Selling
- Before diving into sales, this module teaches you techniques for attracting the right clients in sufficient numbers without scaring them away.
Module 7: Sales
- In this extensive module, you’ll learn various sales techniques, including cold calling, cold emailing, handling gatekeepers, using meeting scripts, prospecting on Upwork, creative follow-up, audit tactics, leveraging meetings, and using LinkedIn to find clients. This section contains over 5 hours of content.
Module 8: Delivering Results
- This module covers hosting giveaways for clients and meeting the needs of various corporate clients, based on Iman’s experiences and lessons learned.
Module 9: Scaling Your Agency
- In the final section, you’ll explore topics such as building stronger client relationships, refining internal operations, managing stress, and expanding your business.
How Much Can You Earn with Six Figure SMMA?
On average, a Social Media Marketing Agency (SMMA) makes around $85,000 per year.
In the United States, social media managers earn an average of $68,000 annually.
Beginners in social media marketing can make approximately $41,000 per year while managing about 10 clients.
Pricing Models for Media Agencies:
Media agencies charge for their marketing services under different pricing models, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
1. Fixed Fees:
- You charge the client a flat monthly rate for managing their advertisements.
- Clients find this option attractive because it’s predictable with no hidden costs.
- Not recommended for agencies with clients looking to aggressively scale.
- Iman suggests ideally charging 100% of your client’s ad spending. If they spend $750 on ads, charge $750 for your services.
- You charge a percentage (15%-30%) of the total ad spend.
- Typically, there’s a minimum ad spending requirement, as it wouldn’t make sense for smaller ad budgets.
- Popular with large-scale agencies working with clients who spend substantial amounts on ads.
3. Hybrid Model:
- This model combines fixed fees and commission-based pricing.
- You charge a fixed retainer fee as a minimum for your services, with the option to shift to a commission-based model if the client’s ad spending exceeds a certain limit.
- Considered a safe pricing option for agencies, allowing flexibility as clients scale.
4. Revenue Share:
- You charge a fixed retainer fee as a minimum for your services, with a percentage of the client’s profits protecting you if their profits exceed your retainer fee.
- This model aligns your earnings with the client’s success, making it beneficial when your marketing efforts drive substantial profits.
Startup Costs for Your SMMA Business:
To start your SMMA business, you’ll need some initial funds.
Registering your LLC in the United States costs between $50 and $150.
Monthly outsourcing costs for your SMMA business can range from $900 to $20,000, depending on your business size, needs, freelancer rates, and services.
If you plan to start your business in a location like Dubai, your setup costs may be higher.
Read more: Best Ways to Make Money Online
How Much Does Six Figure SMMA Cost?
The Six Figure SMMA course costs $997, which might seem a bit pricey. Keep in mind that much of the course content can actually be found for free online, and some users have found it less comprehensive than expected.
After completing the course, you won’t be an absolute expert in SMMA. There’s always more to learn in this field.
There’s a 14-day money-back guarantee, but it’s strict. Only students who’ve seen less than 20% of the course can request a refund in writing via email.
Once you’ve gone past 20% of the course, whether by clicking “Complete” or “Continue,” you won’t be eligible for a refund. So, decide within the first 20% of the content.
Pros and Cons of Six Figure SMMA
- Bi-weekly Live Q & A: You get the chance to ask Iman questions during live sessions, offering direct interaction.
- Beginner-Friendly: Suitable for those starting out in SMMA.
- Restrictive Refund Policy: The money-back guarantee is strict. You can only request a refund within 14 days if you’ve viewed less than 20% of the course content.
- High Cost: The course is relatively expensive, making it less accessible for many.
- No Free Trial: There’s no opportunity for a free trial to test the waters.
- Upsells: Several additional purchases are required after signing up for the program to access the full package.
- ClickFunnels Focus: The marketing methods in the course heavily rely on ClickFunnels, which can be costly for beginners.
- Lack of Depth: The course content is quite basic and may not provide enough depth for building a successful SMMA.
- Limited Live Examples: There aren’t sufficient real-life examples to demonstrate the practical application of what you learn.
Is Iman Gadzhi a Scam?
Iman Gadzhi is a legitimate entrepreneur and educator who provides evidence of his achievements and delivers on his courses. However, it’s important to consider the mixed feedback that Iman and his courses have received from buyers. Much of the criticism stems from varying expectations about the course’s content.
Examining Some Concerns:
A Reddit post titled “Iman Gadzhi is a scam” raised several issues that cast doubt on Iman’s credibility. While some of these points have merit, it’s worth noting that personal bias may influence some of the claims made.
Iman’s Ad Skills: It’s true that Iman initially struggled with running ads, which led him to outsource this aspect of his business. His course primarily focuses on agency management and client acquisition rather than the technical aspects of creating and running ad campaigns.
Dedicated Full-Time Coach: Iman claims to provide a dedicated full-time coach with the course, which some find implausible given the cost. His high-priced 1-on-1 coaching services are separate from the course.
Promised Sales Growth: Iman’s promises of 10X sales growth may be seen as hype to attract course participants. Building an SMMA from scratch can be challenging, as it takes time to establish credibility and trust with clients.
Complexity of SMMA: The SMMA business model can be complex and not well-suited for beginners. It involves significant investments in advertising and substantial time spent on client acquisition and customer service.
Pricing Concerns: Some criticize Iman’s course as overpriced, arguing that similar information can be found for free on YouTube or through more affordable courses.
Given these concerns, Iman Gadzhi’s course may not be the best fit for beginners in online business. If you really want to sign up for his course, remember to evaluate whether it aligns with your goals and budget.
Or you may consider exploring alternative online business models that may better suit your needs.
Is Starting an SMMA Right for You?
Starting a Social Media Marketing Agency (SMMA) can be profitable if you have the necessary skills for business management and closing deals with clients. However, it’s crucial to consider the risks involved before making a decision.
Here’re some factors you should take into account:
1. Service Quality:
- The quality of your agency’s services depends on the skills and work of your employees.
- Quality freelancers may come at a higher cost, while cheaper ones may have lower skill levels.
- Balancing your budget while ensuring high performance is essential.
- Poor performance can lead to losing clients and damaging your reputation.
2. Client Loyalty:
- The technology landscape is constantly changing, and your agency must stay up to date.
- Failure to regularly update methods and strategies may result in clients seeking more effective agencies.
- Rapidly expanding clients may migrate to larger, more established agencies offering a broader range of services.
3. Security Concerns:
- Social media accounts are vulnerable to hacking.
- As your agency manages client social media and has account access, blame for any security breaches could fall on you.
- This can potentially lead to legal issues and damage your reputation.
Starting an SMMA can be a lucrative venture, but it comes with challenges and responsibilities. You should assess your skills, commitment, and ability to navigate these factors before taking the plunge into the world of SMMA.
Is There A Better Way to Make Money Online?
If you want to make a full-time passive income, I’d suggest you to start an affiliate marketing business online.
In affiliate marketing, you can run your business almost at zero cost without any trouble from sourcing products or managing inventory.
Also, since you don’t need to spend hours after hours selling things over the phone, it can save you a lot of time.
If you want to learn affiliate marketing, I’d recommend you to get started with the most reputable platform for affiliate marketing: Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate is an all-in-one platform for building your affiliate marketing business from scratch. It offers you a free account (including a free website) with comprehensive training on SEO (free traffic methods), which enables you to get started with affiliate marketing right away without paying a penny.
But How Much Can You Earn with Wealthy Affiliate?
A 21-year old student from Wealthy Affiliate was able to earn $7,395 in just 1 week, which means he made more than $1k a day…all while using free traffic methods.
For more information, you can check out our full review of Wealthy Affiliate.