Traffic Authority is a platform for online entrepreneurs looking to boost their website traffic. It offers a variety of products, including traffic packages, optimizers, the traffic academy, and a multi-level affiliate program.
Their main goal is to provide business owners with high-quality traffic, useful marketing tools, effective link-building strategies, and valuable training. In addition, Traffic Authority offers affiliates a chance to earn substantial profits through their multi-level affiliate system.
Now, let’s explore this Traffic Authority review to determine whether it’s a legitimate business or an MLM scam.
Before we start, it’s important to clarify that I have no affiliation with the Traffic Authority. This means I haven’t been paid to write this review, so you can trust that you’ll get an honest and unbiased evaluation from me.
Towards the end of this review, I’ll also share an alternative to Traffic Authority that has helped me create a consistent passive income online.
Table of Contents
- What is Traffic Authority?
- Who Are The Founders?
- How Does Traffic Authority Help You Make Money?
- Traffic Authority Compensation Plan
- Traffic Authority Product and Packages
- Are Traffic Authority Members Getting Results?
- Pros and Cons of Traffic Authority
- More Traffic Authority Red Flags
- Is Traffic Authority an MLM or Scam?
- Should You Join Traffic Authority?
- Is There A Better Alternative?
Traffic Authority is an online company that sells website traffic to website owners. It also operates as a multi-level marketing (MLM) company, allowing you to earn commissions by reselling its traffic and training products.
Traffic Authority claims to offer insights into a business model similar to what big players like Google and Facebook use to make huge profits. However, there are important differences between Traffic Authority and these giants.
Google and Facebook are free platforms that make money by selling advertising space, essentially selling traffic to business owners.
In contrast, Traffic Authority focuses on helping you increase your website traffic. It was co-founded by Greg Chambers, Chad Stalvey, and Doug Wellens.
The company behind Traffic Authority is Streamlined Marketing Systems, based in Florida, USA.
To get a better understanding of what Traffic Authority is all about, you can watch a short video on their website.
Who Are The Founders?
Traffic Authority was created by Greg Chambers, Chad Stalvey, and Doug Wellens. The company that operates Traffic Authority is called Streamlined Marketing Systems, and it’s based in Florida, USA.
Here’s a quick rundown of each founder:
- Greg Chambers: Greg Chambers graduated from the University of Phoenix and used to own CPCBroker.com before the launch of Traffic Authority, which happened sometime between 2010 and 2014.
- John “Chad” Stalvey: Chad Stalvey has ties to the Club Cash Fund (clubcashfund.com), a mail gifting scheme. He is involved in other suspected multi-level marketing schemes like the Infinite Leverage System (inactive domain) and GiveOpp & Numbs Network.
- Doug Wellens: Doug Wellens is one of the founders of Enigma Network, a company that deals with automated trading bots. It’s uncertain whether he’s still connected to the company or if he has fully exited his involvement.
Traffic Authority offers two primary ways to make money online. Here’s how:
- Using Traffic Products: You can boost your income by leveraging Traffic Authority’s products. Start with their traffic packages to generate more leads for your business. Other products like the traffic optimizer, academy, and leads list can help you increase sales and grow your business.
- Joining the Affiliate Program: Another way to earn is by becoming an affiliate of Traffic Authority. When you begin, you’ll earn a 50% commission on sales, and this rate increases to 80% after you make your sixth sale. Traffic Authority also offers yearly incentives to its affiliates.
To become an affiliate, you have two options:
- Buy the products and complete the associated training (for an additional fee).
- Sell three qualified programs of the Traffic Optimizer and Traffic Academy.
Traffic Authority’s affiliate program operates on a multi-level basis, and earnings are coded. This means you earn a commission for every sale made, and you’re encouraged to do two things:
- Sell the programs/packages to customers.
- Recruit new members to join your affiliate team.
All affiliate commissions are paid through iPayout, an e-wallet system. This system simplifies the payment process for you.
Learn more: How to Make Money with Affiliate Marketing
Traffic Authority offers a coded affiliate marketing compensation plan with the potential for unlimited earnings. As an affiliate, you’ll earn commissions not only from your own referrals but also from your team’s efforts.
You can resell programs and packages, but the general rule is that you need to buy them yourself first. For instance, if you buy the basic traffic package for $220, you’ll earn $100 for each sale you make.
If you purchase the gold traffic package at $1,097, you can earn approximately $500 (estimate) for every subsequent sale you make. Qualified affiliates of Traffic Authority are entitled to a $400 annual bonus.
Here’s a breakdown of the commissions structure:
- When a sale is made, both the sponsor and the up-line (the person who recruited the sponsor) receive a commission.
- Every affiliate starts as a “rising star,” which means they actively recruit team members.
- After making six initial sales in each product category, you advance to the 3-star level.
- At the 3-star level, your commission rate increases from 50% to 80%.
To further clarify, let’s calculate a sample commission:
Let’s assume the Traffic Academy costs $97 per month. $50 of that amount is divided between two affiliates whose codes are associated with the purchase.
In this scenario, $25 goes to the sponsor, and the remaining $25 goes to the upline.
Learn more: Other Ways to Make Money Online
This is where you get high-converting traffic for your online business. It’s perfect for affiliate marketers, network marketers, and other online businesses. They guarantee that all the traffic is from the United States and Canada, so you won’t waste money on international traffic.
All traffic is email-based and delivered in a “drip-style” over 2 to 4 weeks.
Here are the options:
- Basic Traffic Package: $220 (170-190 clicks)
- Bronze Traffic Package: $440 (340-380 clicks)
- Silver Traffic Package: $660 (510-570 clicks)
- Gold Traffic Package: $1,097 (850-950 clicks)
- Platinum Traffic Package: $2,197 (1,700-1,900 clicks)
- Titanium Traffic Package: $4,297 (2,400-3,800 clicks)
- Diamond Traffic Package: $8,397 (8,100-8,400 clicks)
Here’s what you get:
- Premium Traffic at a Competitive Price
- Quick Order Delivery
- Abundant Top-Tier Traffic
- Quality Results
This traffic conversion software platform tracks clicks, captures leads, and boosts conversions, all in one place. The monthly subscription fee is $47.
Here’s what you get:
- Customizable email capture pages
- Advanced link tracker and rotator
- Split-testing software for trying out different website versions
- Pop-ups, timers, and exit pages
This certification program teaches you the art of generating traffic for online businesses. It includes a 30-day step-by-step guide to becoming a traffic generation expert.
The monthly subscription fee is $97.
Here’s what you get:
- 100 hours of video content
- A comprehensive training course covering traffic generation, lead capturing, and converting leads into sales
- A 30-day traffic plan that takes you from beginner to expert
- Live training sessions on driving high-quality traffic to websites
- Traffic Authority Certification for training and consulting with other online businesses
- New modules added regularly
With this product, you can choose from two membership options:
- Newbie Program (Monthly Membership): $49/month
- Super Affiliate (Annual Membership): $398/year
List Leverage Upgrades
You can enhance your List Leverage experience with these additional offerings:
- Pages: Access 15 more lead-capture pages to turbocharge your email list growth for a one-time payment of $97.
- Swipes: Dive into Mathew Neer’s collection of 1,000 high-converting email swipe templates for a one-time payment of $247.
- Webinars: Get over 30 hours of insights from top email marketers, including 10 webinars with unlimited replay, download, and streaming options, all for a one-time payment of $497. Plus, bonus webinars: “How To Flip Domain Names For Thousands” and “Internet Marketing Conspiracies.”
Traffic Authority’s website includes testimonials, but they can’t be verified.
What’s interesting is that the company claims their Affiliates will make an average annual income between $500 and $2,000.
In simpler terms, this means most members may not even earn $100 per month. Is this really a good opportunity?
- Training Included: Traffic Authority provides training for affiliates, making it accessible even for those new to web marketing. It equips you with the necessary tools, eliminating the need for external assistance.
- Legitimate Business: Traffic Authority operates as a legitimate network marketing business, distinct from MLM. With affiliate marketing, you have the freedom to promote a wide range of products, offering a sound business opportunity.
- All-in-One Solution: The platform offers a variety of tools, including lead capture pages, popups, funnels, and rotators. These tools are valuable for enhancing affiliate product sales online, and Traffic Authority focuses on facilitating the buying and selling of traffic, aligning with your objectives.
- Misleading Sales Page: The sales page makes exaggerated claims about replicating Google and Facebook’s business model, which can be misleading. Achieving substantial wealth is highly improbable, and the success rates of multi-level marketing are typically low.
- Lack of Transparency: Traffic Authority lacks transparency, failing to provide detailed information about its business model or disclose the individuals behind the company. The absence of an “about me” page is a red flag.
- Required Investment: To promote Traffic Authority effectively, you must invest in their products, which can range from $220 to $8,397. This financial commitment is not always clearly communicated upfront, and success may require more sign-ups than initially anticipated, especially for those without relevant experience or training.
1. Inflated Claims
Traffic Authority boasts about providing leads for over 18 years. However, when we checked their domain registration, “trafficauthority.net” was only registered in June 2015.
Moreover, the trademark registration indicates that the Traffic Authority trademark was filed in March 2015 and registered in the Principal Register in November 2016.
While there might be a reasonable explanation, it could also be a common tactic used to make them seem more experienced than they are.
2. Abandoned Trademark
The trademark “Traffic Authority” by Streamlined Marketing Systems is now listed as abandoned since May 26, 2023.
They also changed their trademark description from advertising and marketing to workshops and webinars. While there could be valid reasons for this, it might also be an attempt to hide their real business nature.
Interestingly, the names of the three Traffic Authority founders don’t appear in the registration. Instead, it’s listed under the name Christian Baker with an address in Nashville, TN.
3. Sponsor System
One concerning aspect of Traffic Authority is that you can’t explore their program offers or proceed with a purchase without a “sponsor.”
Traffic Authority places strong emphasis on its referral system and encourages affiliates to buy the expensive Diamond package, which costs over $8,000. This raises questions about the program’s accessibility and transparency.
4. Fake Scarcity
The company’s use of fake timers and scarcity tactics to push you into purchasing their service raises ethical concerns. These tactics can make you feel like you need to act urgently, even when that might not be the case.
5. Cancellation Issue
According to this customer, he tried to cancel his subscription to Traffic Authority’s products but was still charged for three months.
Traffic Authority is often considered a Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) program rather than a scam, and this distinction is significant. MLMs, while controversial, are recognized as legitimate business models in many countries. The key reason for this is that Traffic Authority offers genuine earning opportunities, including making money through purchased leads, optimizer tools, and list-building strategies.
One notable aspect of Traffic Authority is its structured affiliate program, which operates on an MLM structure involving recruitment and a multi-level system. Affiliates can earn not only from their direct sales but also from the sales of people they recruit. However, to qualify for these commissions, affiliates often need to invest in higher-priced packages.
Traffic Authority also provides training through its online academy, a positive aspect that equips members with online marketing skills, which is a sign of a legitimate business.
Nevertheless, there are common criticisms associated with MLMs, including Traffic Authority. One such criticism is the pay-to-play system, where affiliates must buy expensive packages to earn commissions, which can put financial pressure on participants.
Transparency is another concern, as Traffic Authority does not fully disclose how they generate leads, although this lack of transparency is not unique to MLMs.
Lastly, the long-term sustainability of Traffic Authority and similar MLMs is a concern. Critics argue that MLMs prioritize recruitment over offering quality products or services, leading to instability when recruitment slows down. This reliance on new recruits for revenue can make the long-term income potential uncertain for those seeking a dependable source of income.
In all honesty, I don’t consider Traffic Authority a scam, but I wouldn’t recommend it to my readers.
Traffic Authority does have a system in place, but it’s not the most efficient way to find leads and make money online. It’s a bit complicated, and success isn’t guaranteed. Plus, the founders have a history of closing down businesses, many of which were linked to MLM schemes.
On the other hand, there are strategies that don’t cost a dime in terms of traffic and can be more rewarding in the long run. It’s essential to realize that both Google and Facebook profit from ad revenue, but if you know what you’re doing, they can drive a significant amount of free traffic your way.
In simple terms, if you can get free traffic from these platforms, there’s no need to pay for it.
Is There A Better Alternative?
If you want to learn affiliate marketing and build an online business from scratch, I’d recommend you to get started with the most reputable platform for affiliate marketing: Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate is an all-in-one platform for building your affiliate marketing business from scratch. It offers you a free account (including a free website) with comprehensive training on SEO (free traffic methods), which enables you to get started with affiliate marketing right away without paying a penny.
But How Much Can You Earn with Wealthy Affiliate?
A 21-year old student from Wealthy Affiliate was able to earn $7,395 in just 1 week, which means he made more than $1k a day…all while using free traffic methods.
For more information, you can check out our full review of Wealthy Affiliate.