Are you looking for a Transcom review? But you may wonder if it is a scam.
I can guess why you’re here: You’re exploring the possibilities of working from home.
It’s possible that you’re currently unemployed or simply prefer to look for work outside the traditional office environment. I understand if you’re not looking forward to taking on the daily commute, dealing with annoying co-workers, or having a boss who treats you unfairly.
That’s true, but you’ve financial obligations. the means to support yourself in the form of a reliable income. Is there such a thing as a Transcom home-based job that makes this possible?
Working from home is considered a viable option now more than ever, and many people even prefer it because of the lower stress levels. There are numerous online jobs and opportunities that allow you to work from the comfort of your home. The trick is finding a reliable provider.
In this review I explain who Transcom is, how their system works, how to apply for a job with them and whether they’re a scam or not.
As a disclaimer, I’m not affiliated with Transcom. It means I’m not paid to write this review. So you can rest assured that you will get an honest and unbiased review from me.
At the end of this review, I’ll also tell you the best alternative to Transcom that has enabled me to make a full-time passive income online.
Table of Contents
- What Is Transcom?
- Is Transcom a Scam or Legit?
- Transcom Application
- Transcom Jobs Training
- Transcom Employment Requirements
- Transcom Work At Home Jobs
- Transcom WorldWide Salaries
- Who Uses Transcom?
- How Do You Make Money with Transcom?
- Transcom Reviews and Complaints
- Pros of Transcom
- Cons of Transcom
- Transcom Review: Final Verdict
- Best Alternative of Transcom to Make Passive Income
What Is Transcom?
As a global company, Transcom Work At Home is always looking for qualified people for its remote offices (usually they are call center agents, but not always).
You get a job at Transcom, but what you do there depends on what the clients need.
Look at the situation in terms of a typical call center job to better understand the overall constellation. You will not be going into an office every day, but you will be doing your work from the comfort of your home.
Keep in mind, however, that this is not a normal home-based job. Not in the sense that some people might think. Even if you have the option to work in your pajamas, you are still responsible for setting up a professional office space.
Is Transcom a Scam or Legit?
Transcom Worldwide is an established, trusted company that has been in business for many years.
It is not a scam, even though there are complaints and bad reviews about the company. They are actually on the side of the angels. It is a reputable company that offers serious remote work opportunities.
If you are interested, you can follow them on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
Getting a job at Transcom is as easy as following these steps:
- Visit the company’s website and search for open positions on the careers page (all local job openings are listed there). There are currently no open positions in Canada accessible through this site.
- If you want to stay up to date on job postings, you can also follow the social media pages on Facebook and Instagram.
- Just like a traditional job board, you can read the full description of a job that piques your interest and then apply if you meet the requirements and are interested in the position.
- When you click on the “Apply” button, you will be directed to the website’s online application page, where you can easily apply for a job and upload your resume.
When filling out your application, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- You can start the application process on your smartphone, but you need to be at home (or at least in your home office) to complete it. The employer needs to verify your tech equipment and connectivity before giving you a chance at a job, and here is why.
- After you submit your application online, you will be notified by email that it was received. The second email from the company will arrive within 10 business days, during which the application will be processed.
- The second email contains a link to the interview if you want to move on to the next round of the hiring process. You’ll need to have an interview with a representative from HR.
- Don’t stress too much about the interview; it’ll go just like any other interview you’ve had in the past. If you want to get the job, you need to impress the interviewer with your knowledge of standard questions and your ability to give convincing answers.
Your inquiries about the company and the position for which you’re applying are welcome at any time during the interview.
- If you are selected for a job opening, Transcom Work At Home will make you a job offer; thereafter, the decision is entirely yours. If you decide to accept the offer, Transcom will conduct a background check and request additional documentation during the hiring process.
Transcom Jobs Training
You’ll get the training you need to perform well in your new role as a customer service representative.
You do not go into a classroom, but take a virtual course while learning from the comfort of your own home (so to speak). Remember, your computer is equipped with a webcam and a headset, so you’ll feel like you are participating in a live training session.
You will not be able to skip discussions during training without consequences. A webcam that is always visible is strongly recommended. Training days are scheduled at specific times and on specific days, and your attendance is mandatory on each of those days.
The good news is that you will be compensated for your time here. You will be compensated for the time you spend training each day.
Transcom Employment Requirements
Transcom has only two requirements for potential employees:
- To be eligible for employment, you must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have legal permission to work in the country or territory you choose.
You can tell if Transcom Worldwide is hiring from your state/country by looking at the job posting. The most common states included are:
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
The most common provinces where Canadian employers post job openings are:
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
I suspect that this is due to the low cost of living in these provinces.
What you need for your home office is:
- Quiet/Distraction Free Environment – If you work for Transcom from home, you’ll need a quiet, distraction free space in which to get your work done. Find a quiet place away from the house and pets. Cell phones aren’t allowed, nor are other forms of noise or entertainment. Just imagine what a call center office looks like; that’s how it should be.
- A wired internet connection – Wi-Fi doesn’t work there because the rules are so strictly enforced.
Here are a few more details about the requirements:
- You need fast internet because you will be taking calls.
- Windows OS should be installed on your computer (desktop or laptop).
- A webcam and headset are part of your computer accessories.
- You will spend a lot of time at your desk, so make yourself as comfortable as possible. Use a supportive chair and a high-resolution monitor at eye level. Sitting a laptop at a coffee table or on a hard kitchen chair all day will quickly become boring.
Transcom Work At Home Jobs
Customer service and technical support are two of the most common tasks of a contact center agent. The following tasks should be part of your regular work schedule:
- Pick up the phone.
- Help and support people on the phone.
- Troubleshoot problems until they are fixed.
- Provide a pleasant customer experience.
During the interview, you and the employer can talk about a schedule that works for both of you. However, there will be changes and adjustments based on their needs.
However, if you aren’t looking for a job or a commitment, but a straightforward way to earn some extra money in your spare time, online survey sites may be just what you’re looking for.
If you’re looking for a well-paying job, but one that leaves you more room for other interests and goals, starting your own online business could be the way to go.
Transcom WorldWide Salaries
Of course, your income depends on the function you perform. The salary data I was able to find on Glassdoor.com shows that wages near the state minimum wage are fairly typical. Whether or not the wage is acceptable depends on your living situation, of course.
Every two weeks, Transcom employees receive their paycheck via direct deposit or debit card (upon request).
Taxes are deducted from your pay as a Transcom employee. At the end of the year, you will also receive a W-2 or T4 form.
Who Uses Transcom?
One of Transcom’s target audiences is companies and organizations that use call centers. The second group consists of Internet users who are looking for legitimate ways to make money.
The company offers a call center outsourcing service for businesses. Transcom’s call center services include technical support, sales and customer service representatives.
Thanks to its global network of offices and remote workers, the company is able to support a wide range of businesses in different locations.
Unfortunately, the company is not able to hire anyone outside of North America for their remote jobs.
How Do You Make Money with Transcom?
The call center industry can be rewarding, and Transcom offers that opportunity. You can apply as an in-house agent if the company has offices in your country.
A remote call center agent position is available to residents of North America, including those in Canada and the United States.
There are openings for customer service representatives and technical support representatives. There are currently no openings for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
You must be a resident of one of the following states to apply: A-Z: AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE, NV, NH, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI.
Canadians from the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Yukon and the Northwest Territories are sought.
The application is simple: visit Transcom’s website. Please take 30-45 minutes to complete the application and test. This will be followed by a brief phone interview.
A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required for this position. You must also have technical knowledge and be able to solve technical problems. Providing technical support and customer service is also important.
In terms of salary, you can expect a full-time or part-time salary, depending on the position.
The results of one study indicate that part-time employees earn $10 per hour, while full-time employees earn $11 per hour with benefits. After working a total of six months with the company as a temporary or part-time employee, you will be offered a permanent position with higher pay and better benefits.
They offer a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(k) plan, medical, dental, vision and a variety of other opportunities. A 40-hour work week with rotating shifts is expected. You will be paid bi-weekly through direct referral.
Transcom Reviews and Complaints
As with any other company, I have found both positive and negative feedback.
Those who have used the service have often commented positively about Transcom, including:
- Pay is good – These comments are from workers who are happy with their pay
- Work hours are good – Everyone seems happy with their daily schedule.
- Comfortable clothes – In a home office, you can dress however you want.
- No commute – Neither the time nor the cost of commuting to work is an issue.
- Great people – Readers who have been fortunate enough to work under empathetic managers and supervisors have shared their experiences.
Common criticisms voiced in reviews that are not so positive are:
- Low pay – The amount of pay may or may not surprise you, depending on location, education level, and experience on the job.
- Workload – People who complain about their workload are usually those who feel their pay is inadequate. This is more or less true for most professions (online or offline). Of course it is not, but it applies to the vast majority.
- Strict attendance – My research has led me to believe that absence from work can lead to termination (even if you have a valid excuse).
All the criticisms and comments seem reasonable to me (both the good and the bad).
Nevertheless, I believe that this is the general attitude in most contact centers. Due to the high demand for customer service, the company has a strict attendance policy.
Call centers are notorious for their high workloads and low wages. There are other companies like Transcom that do the same.
There are days at work when customers are nice and respectful. On other days, customers might be unpleasant and the workload might be overwhelming.
Remember, most modern businesses have customers from all over the world, which requires around-the-clock service. If this is the case with a particular customer, Transcom may need to assign employees at less desirable times of the day.
Pros of Transcom
- The first thing I like about Transcom is that they let you work from home. They offer call center agents in the United States and Canada the ability to work remotely. This is especially beneficial for people who have difficulty commuting from home to work and vice versa.
- Another advantage of Transcom is that applying to be a remote customer service representative is easy and free. You do not have to go through a difficult and time-consuming application process just to get hired.
- I also like that the opportunity Transcom offers is a job, which makes it more secure than the typical money-making alternatives on the Internet.
Cons of Transcom
- The excessive workload and stress on transcom agents is the first thing I despise about them. Many people have complained about the high frequency of calls, resulting in no or short breaks. Requesting leave also seems to be a problem.
- Another thing I dislike about Transcom is that the income they give their agents is inadequate compared to the work they ask them to do. Many have also complained about the poor pay, and research has shown that a full-time job starts at $11 per hour. That’s more than the minimum wage, but it’s not worth much given the heavy workload and changeable hours.
- I also dislike the fact that the opportunity offered by Transcom is still a job. You have a set schedule that you have to keep and a set income that you can expect. That may not be the flexibility you are looking for in an online opportunity.
- I also dislike the fact that the offer is only available to residents of the United States and Canada. It would have been fantastic if Transcom had expanded its work-at-home opportunities to more countries.
Transcom Review: Final Verdict
Transcom Worldwide is an option if you are fed up with the 9-to-5 grind, bad commutes and colleagues you can not stand. It’s not a scam and pays decently (not outstanding, but reasonable).
Also, you are an employee, not a contractor. In other words, you are entitled to all the standard benefits offered to full-time employees.
In exchange for working for Transcom from home, you do not have the ability to set your own hours. Be accommodating and work around the company’s shift schedules.
The most noticeable difference between your situation and that of other telecommuters is not the flexibility of working from home, but the security of a permanent job.
The time you save by no longer having to prepare for and commute to a typical job allows you to devote more time to the things that matter most to you, such as spending time with family, even if your actual work hours remain the same.
However, if greater independence and autonomy are more important to you, along with the possibility of higher pay, transom could be a useful stepping stone, but not an end goal.
Maybe you’re a stay-at-home dad or mom, or you’ve health issues that prevent you from working a traditional 9-to-5 job. Maybe you loathe being employed by anyone at all.
In this case, you should start an Internet business. Let me tell you the best online business to start in the next section.
Best Alternative of Transcom to Make Passive Income
If you want to make a stable and secure stream of passive income, I would suggest you start an affiliate marketing business online.
Affiliate Marketing is perfect for anyone who is new to online business.
In fact, of all the online business models I’ve tried, affiliate marketing is the easiest and most rewarding so far.
In affiliate marketing, you can actually run your business almost with zero cost and achieve a steady and sustainable passive income to pay for your bills. You don’t need any initial capital and can even do it as a side hustle.
And if you really want to learn affiliate marketing and build a business from scratch, I’d recommend you to get started with the most reputable platform for affiliate marketing: Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate is an all-in-one platform for building your affiliate marketing business from scratch. It offers you a free account (including a free website) with comprehensive training on SEO (free traffic methods), which enables you to get started with affiliate marketing right away without paying a penny.
But How Much Can You Earn with Wealthy Affiliate?
A 21-year old student from Wealthy Affiliate was able to earn $7,395 in just 1 week, which means he made more than $1k a day…all while using free traffic methods.
Wealthy Affiliate has existed for 15 years and there are many success stories in the past decade.
To give you more examples, here are some of the other inspiring success stories of Wealthy Affiliate members.
Where to Join Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate has a very simple pricing scheme. It has free and premium membership.
If you want to feel about Wealthy Affiliate, you can sign up for the free starter membership here (no credit card required). You can select to be a free member with no time limit.
And as a starter member, you can get instant access to the community, live chat, over 500 training modules, 2 classrooms, networking, commenting, 1 free website, access to the keyword tool.
You can enjoy all these values without paying a penny.
So I strongly recommend you to register a free account and see it yourself.