The Travelpayouts partnership platform is a great opportunity for publishers in the travel niche to monetize their projects. In this article you’ll find a complete review of Travelpayouts, instructions on how to register, and an overview of the platform’s pros and cons.
Table of Contents
What is Travelpayouts
Travelpayouts is a partnership platform dedicated to all things travel. Trusted brands such as Booking.com, Tripadvisor, and GetYourGuide work together with over 300,000 bloggers and content creators around the world to bring people the best travel deals. Travelpayouts partners receive rewards for promoting travel services on their websites, blogs, YouTube channels, and social media. Partners receive a reward for each booking made by users via affiliate links.
Affiliate Marketing Programs
With Travelpayouts you can make money online by joining a partner program for a particular brand and promoting the travel services of that brand. Travelpayouts offers programs from every niche:
- Buses and transfers
- Car, motorcycle, and bike rentals
- Package tours
- Tours & activities
- Train tickets
- Travel insurance
You can browse all available programs in the Brands Directory, where you will also find important details such as commission rate, cookie lifetime, and more.
Among the most well-known brands on Travelpayouts are:
How to Get Started
- Join the Travelpayouts partnership platform for free — registration is simple and takes no more than a minute.
- Create a project detailing where you plan to promote travel services.
- Choose partner programs that suit your project and join them. Note: Some programs require pre-approval, but the process is quick. But, you will immediately have access to many partner programs that don’t require pre-approval.
- Place affiliate tools throughout your content and encourage visitors to book travel services through them.
Inside the Travelpayouts Dashboard
Once registered, you are directed to your personal dashboard. In the middle of the dashboard is a table with basic data on the partner programs you’ve joined, including impressions, clicks, and bookings. At the start, you’ll see only zeros in this section.
On the left side is the main menu with direct links to the following pages:
The Reports section stores more detailed information about impressions, clicks, and paid, canceled, and pending bookings. You can see statistics for a certain period (day, month, quarter, and year) or you can customize your own date range.
The Finance section will show your balance, payments, and payment details.
The table below details the revenue withdrawal methods available on Travelpayouts. Note that the minimum payout amount depends on the withdrawal method.
|Withdrawal method||Minimum payout amount|
|Bank transfer (USD, EUR)||€400
Pros and Cons
Travelpayouts has a 4.1 TrustScore on Trustpilot.com, and 80% of reviews call the platform “excellent”. In the case of a negative review, the company responds with detailed and polite answers. This is because the company’s primary purpose is to help partners to understand the intricacies of earning via the platform.
- Honesty & transparency – Partners are given detailed statistics and issued payments on time.
- Unique opportunity – You have the chance to work with 100+ well-known travel brands and earn high rewards in the process.
- Easy start – Registration is made quick and easy with guides at every step and our resourceful Help Center (aka Travelpayouts Wiki).
- Free education – The Travelpayouts Academy and blog provide free courses and content that will help any partner earn with their travel content. We recommend starting with the Boost Travel Affiliate Revenue Using SEO course by Sharon Gourlay.
- Intuitive tools – Get access to easy-to-integrate affiliate tools such as links, widgets, and banners. Try the Google Chrome extension and see how easy it is to make affiliate links.
- Advanced tools – These are tools specially developed for experienced publishers. Some partner programs on the Travelpayouts partnership platform offer White labels and APIs.
- Referral program – The Travelpayouts offers a referral program where you can invite users to the platform and receive 7% of referrals’ earnings (on all programs for two years after you register your referral).
- Support team – The Travelpayouts support team is always available to help you with any questions you may have.
- Monthly withdrawal – Revenue is paid out automatically from the 11th to the 20th day of the following month.
- Limited methods of withdrawal – You must choose between a bank transfer, PayPal, or WebMoney.
- Pre-approval process – If partner programs require pre-approval, you will need to wait a few days for the process to be completed before you can start earning.
Is Travelpayouts Worth Trying?
If you are a blogger, creator, or influencer who wants to earn with travel affiliate marketing, you only stand to benefit from the Travelpayouts platform. And considering the simple registration process, range of partner programs, and speed at which you can start earning, there is no reason not to try out the Travelpayouts partnership platform.