Are you curious about the high ticket affiliate marketing scene? Let us put your mind at ease – it’s a totally legit way to earn some serious dough online.
With some programs, you could even pocket up to $7k from one sale! In this article, we’ll dive into the details of high ticket affiliate marketing, give you the lowdown on how to get started, and help you avoid the common pitfalls that trip up new affiliate marketers. So, let’s get to it!
Table of Contents
- What is High Ticket Affiliate Marketing?
- Examples of High Ticket Products
- Is High Ticket Affiliate Marketing Legit?
- Warning: Some High Ticket Affiliate Marketing Companies May Be MLMs!
- Examples of High Ticket Affiliate Scam Programs: The Case of MOBE and Digital Altitude
- So, Does High Ticket Affiliate Marketing Work?
- Benefits of High Ticket Affiliate Marketing vs. Low Ticket
- 6 Best Tips For High Ticket Affiliate Marketing
- Final Thoughts
What is High Ticket Affiliate Marketing?
High ticket affiliate marketing is all about promoting pricey products online and getting a commission for it. The “high ticket” label usually applies to products valued at $1,000 or more, according to Yesware.
And because these products are worth more, the companies offering them can afford to give higher commissions. So, instead of just a few bucks for selling a basic fridge or tablet, imagine getting hundreds or even thousands of dollars for each sale of a high-end product like a Rolex watch or Canon camera.
Even with Amazon’s typical 6-8% commission rate, you can still make good money. And remember, there are tons of other affiliate programs out there too.
Examples of High Ticket Products
High ticket items refer to those super expensive products or services that’ll cost you a pretty penny. Think fancy cars, posh homes, blingy jewelry, artistic masterpieces, and high-tech electronics.
Compared to their more budget-friendly counterparts (normal cars, average homes, and regular electronics), high ticket items come with a much higher price tag. But, with that extra cash, customers can get the added perk of top-notch quality and exclusivity. It’s like, why settle for a burger when you can have a 5-star steak dinner? This is how you can promote high ticket affiliate products and earn big commissions.
Is High Ticket Affiliate Marketing Legit?
High ticket affiliate marketing is not a scam. It is a legit business model. In this business model, you or your company acts as an “affiliate” to promote and sell another company’s products or services. And the best part? You get a commission for each successful sale.
The amount of the commission can vary and can be pretty high, depending on the product, your agreement with the merchant, and your sales results. So, it’s a win-win situation!
Warning: Some High Ticket Affiliate Marketing Companies May Be MLMs!
Some of the largest MLM companies, like Avon, are now claiming to have an affiliate program and calling it “free to join”. Well, let me tell you, multi-level marketing (MLM) is a far cry from affiliate marketing. But, times are tough, and they’re grasping at straws.
So, how can you tell if a company you’re interested in joining is a legitimate affiliate marketing company, or just a scam or pyramid scheme in disguise? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered!
Here are some red flags to watch out for:
- You have to pay to join
- It’s unclear what the actual product or service is
- They have multiple levels, aka MLM
- They have constant upsells
- You must pay or reach certain goals to move up the levels
- There are hyped-up live conferences where you’re pressured to pay more money
- Expensive coaching is offered
- The owners insist on managing your email list and making contacts for you
- The owners have a shady background
- They claim you can get rich quick without much effort
- The training or information is highly overpriced
- The valuable information is only revealed after paying a lot of money, and it’s often not worth it
- The focus is on making money, but the training is basic, even at the higher levels
So, if you’re thinking of joining an unethical high ticket affiliate marketing program with the goal of making high commissions from low-value products or services, be very, very careful!
Some of these unethical companies may already be under scrutiny by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and other worldwide regulatory bodies, and some founders have even been jailed.
This is happening in a variety of industries, including skincare, health and wellness, vacations, and more. So, be cautious when searching for ways to make money online. Don’t fall victim to scammers, and don’t become one yourself.
However, I did find a low-priced online affiliate marketing training platform that teaches everything you need to know and more. It’s called Wealthy Affiliate. The best part? It’s free to join as a Starter Member.
Just because it’s low-priced doesn’t mean it’s low-quality. Wealthy Affiliate offers the best affiliate marketing training in the industry and teaches ethical business practices centered around meeting your customers’ needs. And, if you’re looking for an affiliate program to join, Wealthy Affiliate has that too! Check it out for free and take advantage of their comprehensive training, from basics to advanced marketing strategies.
Examples of High Ticket Affiliate Scam Programs: The Case of MOBE and Digital Altitude
MOBE and Digital Altitude were two of the biggest names in the high-ticket affiliate scam world, offering membership products that cost as much as $30,000+. Their big promise was easy money through big commissions, but the catch was that you had to recruit people to make it happen. And to top it off, you had to pay to get to each level of membership, or else the commissions would go to someone else.
Sound familiar? Yeah, it’s basically a pyramid scheme. These companies only taught people how to generate paid traffic (which can be expensive) and how to recruit. Unfortunately, thousands of people fell for it and lost money.
Thanks to all the complaints, the FTC finally stepped in and shut down both MOBE and Digital Altitude. So, if you’re ever approached with an offer that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Do your research before investing your hard-earned cash.
So, Does High Ticket Affiliate Marketing Work?
The answer is yes, high ticket affiliate marketing works. High ticket affiliate marketers earn a whooping average of $77,346 annually, according to ZipRecruiter. And the best part? You don’t need to sell a ton of products, just a few high ticket ones will do the trick. So, ditch the scattered approach and focus your efforts on selling that one premium product.
Still skeptical? Well, many successful marketers like Chad Bartlett are doing it and making a killing. So, believe it because high ticket affiliate marketing is real!
Benefits of High Ticket Affiliate Marketing vs. Low Ticket
High Ticket Affiliate Marketing: Big Bucks for Less Effort
- Earn More Commission with Fewer Sales: High ticket affiliate marketing can be a game-changer for your earnings. With high ticket products, you can earn a substantial commission with just a few sales. For example, promoting a product that costs $1000 and offering a 10% commission means you’ll earn $100 per sale. Just 10 sales of that product would net you $1000.
- More Profitable Than Low Ticket: In comparison to low ticket affiliate marketing, high ticket offers higher profit margins. This means you can earn more money with less effort. With high ticket products, you’ll be able to increase your earnings without sacrificing your time and energy.
- Easier to Target Your Audience: When it comes to high ticket affiliate marketing, targeting your audience becomes much more straightforward. Since the products you’ll be promoting are high-ticket items, your target audience is more likely to be people who are willing to invest in their future. This makes it easier for you to tailor your marketing efforts to reach your desired audience.
- Focus on Long-Term Solutions: High ticket affiliate marketing pushes you to create something of lasting value. To be successful, you need to create a high-quality product or service that solves your target audience’s problems and provides ongoing value.
Low Ticket Affiliate Marketing: Easy Sales for Steady Revenue
- Affordable Products for Everyone: With low ticket affiliate marketing, you can offer products that are more affordable to a wider audience. For instance, if you’re promoting a product that costs $30, it’s within reach for a greater number of people compared to a product that costs $1000.
- Less Time, More Sales: Low ticket products take less time to sell, as the lower price point makes it easier to convince people to buy. So, if you’re looking to maximize your sales with minimum effort, low ticket affiliate marketing is the way to go.
- Impulse Buying Made Easy: Low ticket products can trigger impulse buying. If you’re promoting a low-ticket e-book on how to start a business, for example, people are more likely to buy it on a whim since it’s cheap and provides value. So, if you’re looking to tap into people’s spontaneous buying behavior, low ticket affiliate marketing could be the answer.
- Stable Revenue Stream: Promoting low ticket products can ensure a more stable stream of revenue. Since these products are cheaper, you are more likely to make more sales, which means your revenue will be more consistent. So, if you’re looking to build a reliable income stream, low ticket affiliate marketing could be the solution.
6 Best Tips For High Ticket Affiliate Marketing
Below are some tips to help you get started with high ticket affiliate marketing. To learn more, you can also check out our beginner guide.
1. Niche Selection is Key
Before diving into high ticket affiliate marketing, it’s important to choose a niche that aligns with expensive products. Personal finance is just one example of a lucrative niche.
2. Find the Right Products
High ticket affiliate marketing requires promoting products that can earn you thousands of dollars in commissions. As Amazon Associate products are not high ticket, it’s crucial to find the right products to promote.
3. Mindset Matters
Affiliate marketing can be a lucrative business model for those with a growth mindset. If you don’t fully believe in your ability to succeed, it will be difficult to make high ticket sales.
4. Build an Affiliate Ecosystem
Long-term success in high ticket affiliate marketing requires creating a comprehensive ecosystem for reaching your audience. This can include SEO blogs, paid advertising, email marketing, and social media.
5. Leverage Marketing Tools
Marketing tools can greatly enhance your performance in the affiliate marketing space. For instance, using an email service like ActiveCampaign can automate your email campaigns and promote your affiliate offer around the clock.
6. Learn Digital Marketing Skills
Successful affiliates often have a strong understanding of digital marketing. By learning skills such as SEO and copywriting, you can greatly increase your potential in the high ticket affiliate marketing space.
High ticket affiliate marketing could be a good way to earn some passive income online – if you’re into a niche you’re knowledgeable and passionate about, and there’s a group of people who care about that same niche. The key is to educate those people, help them make informed decisions, and boom – you’re in the money.
But, hold up – high ticket affiliate marketing isn’t for everyone. Don’t even think about it if you’re just looking for a quick buck. In fact, that goes for most affiliate marketing niches these days. It takes time and effort to build your audience and establish yourself as an affiliate. And that’s especially true for high ticket niches, where the rewards are higher but so is the effort you need to put in.
But don’t let this discourage you. Affiliate marketing is still a solid choice. Just make sure you think carefully about what you want to target and how you’re going to approach it. With the right plan, you can still make it big in high ticket affiliate marketing.