Average people don’t think like rich people. We live in a society like that.
If you don’t have the right mentality, it isn’t easy to maintain a massive wealth for a long period of time. What do you think explains the large number of lottery winners who go broke after a few years?
They don’t have the mentality of rich people.
Rich people think in some intriguing ways.
Table of Contents
- 1. The first thing they consider is themselves
- 2. Their minds are constantly focused on the future
- 3. Their focus is on action
- 4. Passion drives them
- 5. Formal education is not as important to them as specific knowledge
- 6. Their ambitions are outrageous
- 7. They don’t fear investing
- 8. Leveraging other people’s money is what they do
- 9. They surround themselves with people who share their values
- 10. Employees are chosen based on their skills
- 11. Anyone can be sized up in an instant by them
- 12. Their detector is very accurate
- 13. They don’t care what you think about them
- 14. Their view of the world is that it is small
- 15. Their children are raised to be wealthy
1. The first thing they consider is themselves
They make sure to help themselves first before giving large amounts of money to charities. You don’t get rich and stay rich by generously helping everybody. People do what they want to do for themselves. Being rich does not mean being selfish.
2. Their minds are constantly focused on the future
Present is only a waiting room for the future. A wealthy person knows they must take a long-term view if they wish to keep their lifestyle. Wealthy individuals have the opportunity or the threat of globalization, financial crisis, and world conflicts. A recipe for becoming average is to ignore long-term opportunities and ignore potential threats.
3. Their focus is on action
They don’t just sit back and wait for interest to come in. Rich people are always thinking about the future, but have the means to act now. A good investor will take advantage of a fleeting opportunity by making a quick decision.
4. Passion drives them
The passions of rich people may vary, but they have the money and the time to pursue them. They can always hire someone to do something for them if they don’t want to do it, and then spend more time hunting deer if that’s what they like. This is discussed in the famous book Think and Grow Rich as well.
5. Formal education is not as important to them as specific knowledge
Due to their action-oriented nature, they prefer education that serves a specific goal. Education is important, but becoming an expert in a particular field is more crucial. People who are extremely wealthy become so by being excellent at something or by doing something that nobody else has dared.
There is a long-lasting cliché about college dropouts becoming billionaires through start-ups, but the truth is that gaining expertise early on will give them an advantage.
6. Their ambitions are outrageous
They should be. Very wealthy people will never be satisfied with the amount of wealth they have. If they weren’t, they would settle for “richer than average.” There is an internal compass that leads them towards “more money,” which means bigger projects.
7. They don’t fear investing
People who are rich have seen countless get-rich-quick schemes, and they know what it takes to be where they are: time, effort, or money. Having reached a point where their biggest leverage is money, and because they have more of it than anyone else, they know they will have to invest in order to earn. There are winners and losers in business.
8. Leveraging other people’s money is what they do
They know how to get what they want by using other people’s money, even if they have a lot of money. They will be able to find other people’s money through bank loans, strategic partnerships, and a global perspective.
Rich people have a peculiar lifestyle… they don’t share the same interests as anyone else, and you don’t get to share your concerns about paying millions in income taxes with many people. Whenever they gather, they’ll enjoy being together no matter where they are.
10. Employees are chosen based on their skills
The success of their business depends on the people who work for them. Rich people know what they want, don’t have time to waste on administrative stuff, and rely heavily on their employees. The stakes are high, so they will choose the best and pay accordingly.
11. Anyone can be sized up in an instant by them
Average people always ask rich people for something, because they are always solicited by them. Over time, this helps them evaluate people. Practice makes perfect!
12. Their detector is very accurate
You will learn a great deal from them despite the few questions they ask. Due to their global vision, they are able to challenge your proposals with their experiences and outside-the-box comparisons. Even if they are unfamiliar with your field, they will be able to tell if you are faking expertise.
13. They don’t care what you think about them
They no longer have anything to prove. There is no need for them to display their wealth or to display any kind of status. Those from a higher social class will do so very subtly.
14. Their view of the world is that it is small
It is not necessary for the super wealthy to live in a specific country. In their view, the world is a small place since they buy the best places in various parts of it. The fact that they will visit three different countries in one day is not surprising to them, and they will get a feel for where the world stands.
15. Their children are raised to be wealthy
Additionally, their children will inherit a large fortune. The prospect of your children depleting the money you earned or your parents earned through hard work is quite a sad one. By teaching them how to value money, they will learn not to take anything for granted.