Many people who use Instagram for marketing usually make the mistake of abandoning their profiles/bios. For some of the people who remember, they do not take the time to fill their bios while creating their accounts. Don’t make this mistake when creating your account. Your bio is very important in pushing your brand forward. This is because your bio is the first thing a visitor sees when they come to your profile.
It is your bio that passes the important information about your business to a visitor. It is your bio that gives the first impression about your business to the people who visit your profile. Your bio could transform visitors into customers.
This is why you need to understand how to make your profile very attractive and appealing. This will enable you to get the best out of your Instagram account.
In this article, we will look at the various components that will make your profile stand out in the ensuing sections.
Table of Contents
What is an Instagram Bio?
Your Instagram bio is what helps you describe your business. This is because when visitors come to your profile, it is your bio that they see first. Instagram offers you 150 characters to describe yourself in your bio.
In addition to this, you will be allowed to attach one external link. There is also additional space for your username. This has an extra 30- character length. Now that you know this, let us find out what an Instagram bio can achieve.
What Should Your Instagram Bio Achieve?
There are a lot of things your profile/bio should accomplish. They may seem like a lot considering you are restricted to a specific number of characters. Nonetheless, a great Instagram bio has to cover the following:
- Show vital information about your business, like the name of your brand, industry, and so on. You can change this at any time via your profile settings.
- Offer users on Instagram a means of reaching you.
- Display the personality of your brand, ensuring your style and voice align with your website and any other social platforms you may have.
- Determine your unique selling point, to aid your target audience, and interpret why your brand is relevant to them
- Push relevant actions like viewing or sharing content, heading to the website to buy a product, leaving a comment, or following back.
The good news is that Instagram offers you a range of features that you can utilize along with your bio. With these features, you can easily cover the essential profile considerations, which will aid users in understanding your business and what you do, to enable you to take additional steps.
Now, we will be taking a look at how to make an exceptional Instagram bio.
How to Make the Best Instagram Bio
1. Leverage Keywords
If you hit “Edit Profile”, “Name” is the first area you will find. It is not the same as your Username, which is what creates the URL of your Instagram profile. It offers your page its name.
The initial 30 characters of your bio is made up of the name field, and it can go a long way in your Instagram SEO efforts. When individuals run a search for something on Instagram, it analyzes the words used in the Name field for a fit. So, if your goal is to have a good ranking when it comes to Instagram SEO, you need to take advantage of keywords that are significant to your niche by including them in the Name field. If you can, try to include emojis in the Name field as people tend to run a lot of searches on them.
2. Writing Your Bio
Your Instagram bio hugely affects your audience. From a glance, people should be able to understand what your business is all about and why they are relevant to you. The bio should also have the capacity to lure people to follow you and finish a specific action you desire like follow a website or make a purchase.
You need to try to fit in as much data as you can, concerning your brand in the allocated 150 characters. This can be a tedious task considering the tight character limit. Due to this, we will be covering some of the vital information that should be included in your bio.
- Precise Service or Niche: If you belong to a particular industry niche or profession, or you are known to provide a specific service, then it is vital to make this evident in your Instagram bio so you can connect instantly with the appropriate crowd.
- Experience and Skills: By letting your audience know your level of expertise and what you can do, it will be easy to build trust with them, while providing them with a look into the services you render.
- Interests and Hobbies: If your brand is dependent on you as a person, then it is vital for you to develop a connection with your audience. Tell them a little about your interests, who you are, beliefs, and values so you can present yourself as engaging and captivating.
- Add a little humor to your brand’s voice: It is vital to use the voice of your brand, as doing this will make sure you stay consistent on every social network and allow your audience to recognize you instantly. However, including a bit of humor will make it easier to relate to your brand.
You need to consider a host of things when you are putting together your Instagram bio. However, there are a lot of things you need to incorporate. Below are a few other components you need to add to develop a great bio.
3. Take Advantage of Hashtags
Including a branded hashtag in your bio is another essential Instagram technique. In addition to creating a community for your brand, it will also aid you in driving post engagement. For instance, Airbnb efficiently utilizes its branded hashtag in its bio and even uses it to urge user-generated content.
When you offer your followers the means to distribute their content with your community using your branded hashtag, it will be less challenging to develop an engaging Instagram page. This can aid you in promoting your company and ensuring your brand gets to a broader audience.
4. Include Emojis
A great way to give your profile an exciting and authentic look, while ensuring your brand is unique, is to include emojis.
What’s more, emojis don’t require the same character counts words do. This means you will be able to include additional information concerning your brand, which would have been impossible if you were using text.
Below are a few ways to utilize emojis in your bio:
- Try combining a few words with emojis. Feel free to be creative about this.
- Utilize emojis to draw attention to your content’s key point. You can also utilize them as bullet points to separate texts and make them less difficult to read
- Any emojis you add to your bio should relate to what you do and should enhance your bio.
- Using emojis without any accompanying texts is not advisable. It may confuse your audience, and in doing this, you are just wasting space you could have used for something vital.
- Also, note that you can be creative with your use of emojis. Toy with various emojis to determine the most suitable for your brand.
5. Website URL: Including A Link in Your Bio
Instagram only gives you the chance to include one clickable link, which comes up beneath your bio. Many Instagram users showcase the URL of their site’s homepage, which is a smart move if you want to push more traffic to your website.
But, if your Instagram and your business objectives change along the line, you need to also change your URL link to support the new goal. You can include a link to your recent blog post or marketing campaign. There are a ton of options available for you to exploit here, so ensure you get the best from your link in your Instagram bio by letting it align with the objectives of your business.
6. CTA or Call to Action
An ideal location to include a call to action or CTA is your Instagram bio. Let your audience know the action you want them to take, and if you can, how to go about it.
For instance, request that they follow you on other platforms. If you have a product, you can also ask that they make a purchase. If you have a physical address for your business, you can include it in your bio alongside your opening and closing times, to ensure people can locate you and visit you with ease. Besides, you can request that your followers open a specific web page, by including the URL in the space allocated for a website.
7. Pick a Profile Image
This is the last step of the process. You need to pick a great profile picture, and the ideal choice is to go with your brand logo, which is already in use on your other social media platforms and website. When you use a symbol that is easy to identify, it will make it easier for your target audience to find you. It will also aid in elevating your brand awareness by ensuring it is visible on social media within your niche market.
A great Instagram brand bio consists of a range of components. However, you are allowed to be flexible and creative with this. Try numerous texts, calls to action, and emojis. By frequently changing your Instagram bio, you will learn what triggers a response from your audience, and what functions for your organization.